iPhone & iPad App Review: We Doodle
If you love to draw, or doodle, then I have a game for you! It’s Ngmoco’s latest title called “We Doodle.” It’s a a cross between “Pictionary” and “Win, Lose, or Draw” where you take turns drawing out words and have your friends guess what it is.
Login with your Plus+ account and start a new game. Here you have a three game choices. You can play a match with friends (people on your Plus+ friends list), a match with random players, or a live match where you draw and guess with users around the world in real-time.
Click on “Go” to create a new game. At the start of each game, you also have the option of adjusting the game’s settings. You can change the:
- Number of pictures (up to 10)
- Rounds (up to 5)
- Time Limit (4 hours to 7 days)
Once you create a game, you are given a word to draw. Draw the word to the best of your ability. You also have a selection of colors and tools to use in the lower right. Submit your drawings and wait for your friends to guess them. Your friends have 60 seconds to guess each drawing. This is a turn-based game, so you can play at your convenience.
Once your friend(s) make their guesses, it’s your turn to award them points! It’s 3 points for every drawing they get right, and if you reply within 5:30 hours, you get extra bonus points as well.
The points you earn are the amount of coins you get. Collect and save your coins to purchase new backgrounds, stencils, ink colors, pens, brushes, and more! The more your play, the more fun things you can purchase from the Doodle shop.
We Doodle is a freemium app, so you’ll get the ocassional ads. You can remove the ads by going to the “Doodle Bank” and purchasing the upgrade for $4.99. The ads are somewhat bothersome in the iPhone version, but are non-intrusive on the iPad version. Of the two versions, the game is more fun to play on the iPad because of the screen real estate.
Some tips when playing:
- If you want to save the image you drew, take a snapshot of it. You won’t see the full image again after you submit it.
- Be careful not to close the app when taking a snapshot. You will lose your image if it wasn’t submitted yet.
- Useful tools to purchase are the brushes and inks colors. I didn’t find the stencils, pen, spray can very useful in my drawings.
- If you want to earn more XP and coins quickly, play the Live mode (as games are played instantly and coins are awarded right after).
- Turn Doodle Assist off. It tries to connect all of your lines even when you don’t want them to.
Overall, it’s a fun game to play with your friends and I’m sure it’ll bring out your creativity. You might just unlock the hidden artist inside of you!
9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
*Music Sync & Mic Sync-The smart lights will sync to music on your phone or music captured from external sources. This is great if you wa... Read More >