A lot of people have been asking me for small point-and-shoot camera recommendations lately. I guess Christmas is around the corner huh? ;)
The best deal that I know of right now is probably the Canon Powershot SD790IS. This camera made it’s debut earlier this year, so it’s defintely not old technology (yet). heh I bought this camera about 2 weeks ago. Costco currently has it on sale for $179.99 (with coupon). Not bad at all!
The big 3″ LCD screen is quite lovely. The built-in mic is so clear! That’s great because I know my voice isn’t that loud. There’s face detection software to focus on people’s faces.
The buttons on the camera are a bit odd. They’re really thin, but they work well. It took me about 2-3 days to get use to the buttons. And if you’re familiar with Canon Powershots, it won’t take you long to figure where everything is. The scrolling button is my favorite. It’s like a classic ipod button that you can scroll to view all your photos.
I’m not too fond of the retro boxy look, but it’s growing on me!
Here are some more notable features:
- Advanced 10.0 Megapixel Digital ELPH camera with 3x Optical Zoom and Optical Image Stabilizer.
- View your crisp clear images on a large 3.0-inch PureColor LCD II screen for bright, accurate color with great viewing from a wide range of angles.
- Improved Face Detection Technology sets the focus, exposure, flash and white balance automatically.
- Motion Detection Technology automatically detects subject movement and optimizes exposure control and ISO settings to reduce image blur.
- III Image Processor ensures sharp images and better functionality; enhanced Canon Face Detection AF/AE/FE/WB
If you get this camera, I hope you enjoy it! And feel free to ask me questions about it.
Read more about the Canon Powershot 790IS.
0.45X Wide Angle Lens
0.45X wide angle lens is ideal for group shots, offering your larger ... Read More >